Sometimes love needs a second chance…
I never looked back after skipping out on my own wedding, even if it did leave me estranged from most of my family. Eight years later, I have the life I’ve always wanted. As an advertising account executive, my world is damn near perfect.
Until I come face-to-face with my past. With the man I once loved. The man who holds my future in his hands. The man who’s hell-bent on getting even with me for leaving him at the altar.
Even with all the unfinished business between us, I still love Knox Montgomery. The only problem?
He loves me…KNOT.
Buy it now at Amazon
HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS:
*Sigh* I just LOVED this book! It kind of had that Sweet Home Alabama vibe…you know the movie, right? With Reese Witherspoon? Well I don’t mean it was just like it, but it reminded me of it. I mean, yes, they both took place in Alabama, but it’s not just that. It’s the story of two people who fell in love young, but it fell apart and there were bitter feelings. But deep down they never really moved on, they both still belonged to one another. It’s about fate. It’s about second chances. It’s very powerful, very romantic. I would DEFINITELY say that this book is MUCH MORE romantic and emotional than Sweet Home Alabama. In a way, it’s really so much more. Like I said, it just had that vibe.
Knox and Emma Jane have so many messed up feelings and thoughts about the past. They were young and immature, and didn’t handle things well. Emma Jane ended up being a runaway bride. Eight years later and now feelings and thoughts and emotions need untangling. The love is still there, but can they get through all they need to work through and still feel the same? “Unfinished business can be tricky. ”
“Sometimes love just needs a second chance, when it wasn’t quite ready the first time around.”
Side characters: The side characters were great!
Madison – Emma Jane’s friend and fellow employer. She was such a good friend.
Becket – Emma Jane’s best friend (without benefits). Becket was a huge character and much loved! In fact, he’s getting his own book “Ditched” in early 2018 (SO EXCITED!!!) Becket helped pick Emma Jane up from day one and was her best friend from then on!
Grandpa – Emma Jane’s grandpa. He was the only family member who did not disown her for running out on her wedding. He loved Knox like a grandson and kept in touch with both. He believed they were both meant to be together, and fate would bring them together again.
Wells – Knox’s best friend. I can’t say I ever felt any fondness for Wells. But he was a loyal friend to Knox, and that says something.
These are the most prominent side characters. Of course there are others, but these are the ones you get to know the most.
I really loved this book, and I hated to see Knox and Emma Jane’s story come to an end. They are such wonderful, profoundly written characters. You can’t help but get swept up in their story and it brought me to tears several times over. I am looking forward to Becket’s story, of course, and I think I fallen in love with RC Boldt’s writing, so I will be checking out what else she has written.
- I was Gonna Marry You ~ Tristan Prettyman ~ Cedar +Gold
- Jar of Hearts ~ Christina Perri ~ lovestrong
- Who We Are ~ Tristan Prettyman ~ Back to Home
- Because of You ~ Kelly Clarkson ~ Breakaway
- Here Without You ~ 3 Doors Down ~ Away From The Sun
- Back To December ~ Taylor Swift ~ Speak Now
- I’m On Fire ~ Bruce Springsteen ~ Born In The U.S.A.
- Never Say Never ~ Tristan Prettyman ~ Cedar + Gold
- The Heart Wants What It Wants ~ Selena Gomez ~ For You
- Say Anything ~ Tristan Prettyman ~ Cedar + Gold
- Already Gone ~ Kelly Clarkson ~ All I Ever Wanted
- Glitter In The Air ~ Pink ~ Funhouse
- When You’re Gone ~ Avril Lavigne ~ The Best Damn Thing
- Avalanche ~ Nick Jonas, Demi Lovato ~ Nick Jonas X2
- Your Song ~ Elton John ~ Elton John (Deluxe Edition)
- Heartbreak Warfare ~ John Mayer ~ Battle Studies
- Perfect ~ Ed Sheeran ~ ➗ (Deluxe)
- Slow Hands ~ Niall Horan ~ Slow Hands
- The Cure ~ Lady Gaga ~ The Cure
- Sweet Southern Comfort ~ Buddy Jewell ~ Buddy Jewell
- Black ~ Pearl Jam ~ Ten
- No Air ~ Jordin Sparks, Chris Brown ~ Jordin Sparks
- Torn ~ Natalie Imbruglia ~ Left Of The Middle